Add "Save a Copy" feature (similar to "Year End Copy") (21 Legacy Votes)
In QM2007, there is a feature that allows splitting up your data file to only save data within a specific period.
It can be used in many ways. Some examples:
- To be able to exclude an old period of time that is no longer needed
- To create a Year-End Copy of data files (though not truly needed in most cases)
- Start fresh with no or very little data, preserving memorized transactions, reports, categories, etc.
This is a similar feature to the requested IDEA for a Year End Copy feature, but is more versatile.
- If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to add your "VOTE" by clicking the little triangle in the yellow box at the bottom of this post to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.
- If you post a comment but do not click the arrow on Idea threads, your vote will NOT be counted!
[Edited URL for link and current voting instructions, @jacobs 7/21]
Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
FAQs: Quicken Mac • Quicken Windows • Quicken Mobile
Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas
Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires
(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)
(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)