Add "Save a Copy" feature (similar to "Year End Copy") (21 Legacy Votes)

smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
In QM2007, there is a feature that allows splitting up your data file to only save data within a specific period. 

It can be used in many ways. Some examples:
  • To be able to exclude an old period of time that is no longer needed
  • To create a Year-End Copy of data files (though not truly needed in most cases)
  • Start fresh with no or very little data, preserving memorized transactions, reports, categories, etc.
This is a similar feature to the requested IDEA for a Year End Copy feature, but is more versatile. 

The dialogue box is quite simple, as shown:
  • If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" above to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.
  • If you do not click VOTE at the top of each one, your vote will NOT be counted!
  • Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any replies to this thread. 
This IDEA has been added to the List of Requests for Data and File Management FeaturesYou may want to click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to other related IDEAS.

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
6 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• TwoCybersTwoCybers Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
     Year End archiving of data - Quicken for Mac.
  • KBajuraKBajura Member
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Start a New Year Option in Quicken Mac.

We need a start a new year option in Quicken for Mac. The PC version has this and I have become used to it. So why not have it in the PC version? Yes, I understand the database now is robust and can handle large amounts of data. But my issue is I don't want to see my 401(k) account any more for 4 jobs ago in my account list even though it's hidden. I want that gone in the current year since it has had a zero balance for so many years. It's nice just to have a clean year with only the account that you are currently using. 
  • Dave SmitsDave Smits Member
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Year-end archive function in Mac version.

I would like the Mac version of Quicken to have a year-end archIve function like the Windows version had.
  • KBajuraKBajura Member
    edited July 2018
    Too late for me. I already switched back to the Windows version for this features and a lot more.