Entering seasonal bills

Options
We have a company that mows our grass and does snow removal. Grass is one price and snow is a different price. The grass expense is weekly from May 1st through September 1st of each year, and the snow expense is approximately November 15th through April 30th with it being estimated at once every 2 weeks. I have bill reminders set up for the current grass season and the upcoming snow season. The applicable end date has been entered in both reminders. Given that there is an end date for each service every year, is there a way to have the reminders for future seasons entered without having to create individual reminders now for the next 20 years? By not having the reminders for future seasons entered, my projected balances beyond the next year are inaccurate.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Rather that trying to use Reminders to project your cash flow years in advance, I would suggest using Quicken's Budget features. 

You could budget Landscaping with different amounts each month but repeating as many years in advance as you want.

For amounts that vary seasonally I use Reminders with the estimated amount set to Time of year and it uses last year's amount for the corresponding date (+/- 7 days I think)
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Rather that trying to use Reminders to project your cash flow years in advance, I would suggest using Quicken's Budget features. 

You could budget Landscaping with different amounts each month but repeating as many years in advance as you want.

For amounts that vary seasonally I use Reminders with the estimated amount set to Time of year and it uses last year's amount for the corresponding date (+/- 7 days I think)
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Kimberly E.
    Kimberly E. Member
    Options
    Thank you very much, Jim!
This discussion has been closed.