okay to to use (manua) download of "Web Connect"

TTSguy
TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
I have been using Web Connect (manual) to download my transactions. Will this be a problem later with all the problems being created currently using Express Web Connect that have been cropping up?

If I would change over to Express Web connect in the future will those issues start to show up in my Qdf files when and if I do make the change back.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Web Connect and Express Web Connect, in spite of the similarities in name, are entirely different in  how they work.  If EWC is giving you problems, feel free to switch to Web Connect, or Direct Connect if your financial institution offers those methods.
    NOTE, however, that for the 1st download after such a switch, there may be some transactions downloaded because of the different ways in which the FITID is created.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Web Connect and Express Web Connect, in spite of the similarities in name, are entirely different in  how they work.  If EWC is giving you problems, feel free to switch to Web Connect, or Direct Connect if your financial institution offers those methods.
    NOTE, however, that for the 1st download after such a switch, there may be some transactions downloaded because of the different ways in which the FITID is created.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Will any of the reported WCE issues get imbedded to a point that they will raise their ugly mug that could be in the QDF file, when at some point it is restored or opened?
This discussion has been closed.