RE: ONGOING 4/12/22 Citibank Citi Cards CC-502/FDP-102

YerDaddy
YerDaddy Member ✭✭
I would also like to add to the following ticket. CC-800 errors as well.

ONGOING 4/12/22 Citibank Citi Cards CC-502/FDP-102
Quicken Jared
Quicken Jared Moderator mod
April 5 edited April 16
We have seen an increase of CC-502/FDP-102 with Citibank and Citi Cards.

Although we currently do not have an ETA on a resolution, this has been escalated internally and we are currently working with our service provider to resolve the issue.

If you would like to be notified of further updates regarding this Open Alert, please click on the Bookmark 'ribbon' icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jared

(Ticket #9363109/CTP-3605)
Tagged: Known OLB Errors

Comments

• mnem
    mnem Member ✭✭✭
    This has been going on for over 3 months, but only with two of my three citibank cards, specifically Amazon Prime and Chase Freedom. What's the problem?
    What is the latest on this issue? I am still not able to access my Citi accounts
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to report this error, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Allen Rosenston
    Allen Rosenston Member ✭✭
    The CitiBank credit card download finally worked properly yesterday, May 26th; however, today it again is resulting in CC-502 errors. Is the issue within Quicken control or is it at Citi?
  • Ray Hallman
    Ray Hallman Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I find that it works if I deactivate and reactivate.. (yeah, not supposed to do that because another issue DOES happen). On subsequent OSU (one step update(s) ) I'm showing an out of balance situation. It took me a few hours to finally realize that the reason for the out of balance is that Quicken plugged a beginning balance figure and didn't notify me. Once I delete (or even zero out) the beginning balance, OSU results in the CC-502 error again. I've also tried entering a zero balance transaction in place of the "forced" beginning balance and the error continues to happen. Today I tried something different - I re-entered a forced beginning balance (zero in my case), changed the clear (Clr) status to reconciled and saved the transaction. This time, a OSU worked!!!! Time will tell if it continues to work tomorrow, and IF it continues to work when there are new transactions to import. Below is a copy/paste of what I entered. There is also a screenshot attached. The date I used is the very first transaction date so that balance matches the TRUE beginning balance.

Date Payee Memo Category Tag Charge Clr Payment Amount Balance
    10/11/2021 Citibank Crdt Cdonline beginning balance R 0.00
  • Ray Hallman
    Ray Hallman Member ✭✭✭
    I got this to work the other day by doing the thing said NOT to do, deactivate and reactivate. This caused the downloads to work but then also caused an out of balance situation as Quicken plugged a beginning balance equal to the amount of transactions on that import that worked. That only took a few hours to figure out. Reloading a backup and trying again on a different day recreated the same issue but the amount of the out of balance (plugged transaction) was equal to the newest total of newly imported transactions. Today I tried creating a zero balance transaction with a date of the very first transaction and imports continued not working. Then I decided to mark the transaction as reconciled and it worked! Time will tell if it continues to work when there are new transactions to import. If I get a chance later I may reload a backup and try this before doing any imports. Attached is a screenshot of the transaction I entered. May or may not work for you but maybe it's something new to try. Good luck.
  • Donna Wagner
    Donna Wagner Member ✭✭
    I have been experiencing the CC-502 error with Citibank off and on for at least the past two or three months - including today 5-28-2022. I used the Quicken Tools to check the Update Vault information for this account and I discovered that it now does not have my password in the vault and where the password should be is now greyed out and the words "Not Required" are there instead of my password. I'm unable to edit it to put the password back in. I see the same situation with my PayPal account - no password - just the words "Not Required". It would be a good idea it seems to me for the Quicken Team to fix this issue immediately.
  • Bill44
    Bill44 Member ✭✭✭
    This fix that worked for me from Chris_QPWCiti Cards Error CC-502 — Quicken

Member since 1984. 
    Quicken Premier.
  • FlyerFran
    FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
    Haven't been able to download my Citi Costco card transactions for the last few weeks, so I tried the following:

1.  Deactivated the OnLine Services for this account.
    2.  In the Account OnLine Services window tried "Set up Now..." to add back the online services.  Tried several times over several days with no luck.
    3.  Then use the Add Account feature to add an online account - got the option to "Link to Existing Account" which I used and got downloaded transactions that were new since my last download, which was great.  BUT all my running balances and current balance were off.  After referring to a backup file, I found that the Account's Opening Balance had been changed in the link to existing process.   Once I fixed that, all was good.

Finally, after reading about the "Direct Connect" vs. "Express Web Connect" connection issue, I checked and discovered that when I added the account, I used the "Citi" icon in the opening screen and therefore got an "EWC" connection.   So I went to a backup file and this time used the CitiCards option to get a "DC" connection.    This option resulted in a download of the last couple of months' transactions and all balances being incorrect.  I've had this issue with Citi before and learned that the issue is fixable, but that it takes a lot of time.  So, I'll be happy with "EWC" since all I have with Citi is the one Costco card (unless I'm missing something).
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    FlyerFran said:
    Haven't been able to download my Citi Costco card transactions for the last few weeks, so I tried the following:

1.  Deactivated the OnLine Services for this account.
    2.  In the Account OnLine Services window tried "Set up Now..." to add back the online services.  Tried several times over several days with no luck.
    3.  Then use the Add Account feature to add an online account - got the option to "Link to Existing Account" which I used and got downloaded transactions that were new since my last download, which was great.  BUT all my running balances and current balance were off.  After referring to a backup file, I found that the Account's Opening Balance had been changed in the link to existing process.   Once I fixed that, all was good.

Finally, after reading about the "Direct Connect" vs. "Express Web Connect" connection issue, I checked and discovered that when I added the account, I used the "Citi" icon in the opening screen and therefore got an "EWC" connection.   So I went to a backup file and this time used the CitiCards option to get a "DC" connection.    This option resulted in a download of the last couple of months' transactions and all balances being incorrect.  I've had this issue with Citi before and learned that the issue is fixable, but that it takes a lot of time.  So, I'll be happy with "EWC" since all I have with Citi is the one Costco card (unless I'm missing something).
    Hello @FlyerFran,      

I am happy to hear that you were able to achieve account connections with the Express Web Connect connection method. Thank you so much for sharing this information with us about how the issue was affecting you, and your steps to fixing this issue. 

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• Ray Hallman
    Ray Hallman Member ✭✭✭
    I also have, for now, resolved the issue. Referring to balances being incorrect I discovered Quicken (or Citi?) plugged a beginning balance, which for me SHOULD have been zero but was equal to the amount of transactions in the download/import. I posted about this in https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20271959#Comment_20271959 and included a screen shot a beginning balance transaction I posted after deleting the one automatically generated. In my case, deleting the beginning balance transaction and then creating a new one with a zero amount worked and also keeps whatever from creating another one.
    FYI, I am using Citibank rather than Citi. If not before, if/when the issue occurs again I'll likely try with Citi and direct connect.
  • Donna Wagner
    Donna Wagner Member ✭✭
    As of about 2PM PDT, my Citibank CC downloaded a whole lot of transactions, dating back to mid May when the download began to fail with the CC-502 error code. Many were some I had already entered manually in order to reconcile my statement dated 5-26-22 - so I had to manually edit and match those that I had already entered.
    I was ready to attempt one of the solutions offered here when the download occurred - so I did not make any changes to my account. It is connected to CitiBank via Express Web Connect - and that is still how it is set up as of today when it connected and did the download.
    Perhaps CitiBank and/or Quicken have again resolved the issue - at least for now. I decided to take a look at my Password Vault setting for this account to see if there were any changes. It still says that the password is no longer required. It referred me to this link to understand why.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/why-dont-i-need-enter-my-bank-password-download-my-bank
  • Ray Hallman
    Ray Hallman Member ✭✭✭
    Mine failed again this morning, I had it working by creating a zero amount transaction as the beginning balance. I've now used the procedure documented https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20221209#Comment_20221209 and it was successful. Hopefully this one will last. Thanks again to the author and to the user that posted the link in this thread.
  • DeluxeUser
    DeluxeUser Member ✭✭
    > @"Ray Hallman" said:
    > Mine failed again this morning, I had it working by creating a zero amount transaction as the beginning balance. I've now used the procedure documented https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20221209#Comment_20221209 and it was successful. Hopefully this one will last. Thanks again to the author and to the user that posted the link in this thread.

Thanks, Ray! The link to the citi.com/datamanagement page is what solved it for me across multiple Citi and CitiBusiness credit cards. I wish the CC-502 error linked to that page.
  • mrgumdrop
    mrgumdrop Member ✭✭
    Solution that worked for me
    1. Deactivate online services for the Citi account
    2. Add new Citi Account and link it your deactivated account
    Has been working perfect for a week.
This discussion has been closed.