Chase Multi-Factor Authorization Issues

Options
karensc7
karensc7 Member ✭✭
We have two Chase cards and occasionally have been prompted for the MFA. The past week, I'm prompted every time. I have always chosen to receive a text, but this week, I have not been getting them and cannot complete the MFA. The Care Code is FDP-185.

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I also have two Chase cards and cannot remember the last time I was presented with MFA. I looked on the Chase site to see if there was a setting for 2FA and was unsuccessful, so that's not an option. Could you by any chance be using a VPN? That is the only reason I can think of that would cause frequent authentication requests.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are your Chas credit card accounts setup for Direct Connect.  With an error like FDP-185 it sounds like you have them setup for Express Web connect, which isn't as reliable as Direct Connect.  You can see the connection type in the upper right of the account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • karensc7
    karensc7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW Hmm, it looks like it is set up with Express Web. I'll have to figure out how to do the Direct Connect. Thanks, will give it a try and see if that helps!
This discussion has been closed.