Scheduled transactions with split categories

Options
DaveWhite71
DaveWhite71 Member ✭✭
When can we expect Quicken to fix their massive and longstanding [mess]up as relates to scheduled transactions that contain splits? Specifically, all of my income transactions are jumbled, with incorrect numbers entered for many categories. I have gone in manually and fixed each transaction (thanks for the time wasted, Quicken), but the next time the scheduled transaction appears in my register, it is again [mess]ed up. I submitted a ticket to Quicken about this, and got a big fat nothing in response. Quite some time ago, they did send a mass blast to tell us of their inept programming issue, but have done nothing to fix it since.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've got multiple scheduled transactions, including my wife's paycheck and my Social  Security, that have splits. So it's not apparent that this is a Q issue.
    Have you tried Validating,  or SuperValidating your file?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• eak
    eak Member
    Options
    I think this is a Quicken issue. I have my paycheck set up with the splits in the same order as they appear in my paycheck. When entering my paycheck I need to update the amounts for several of the splits (income, taxes, 401k contributions change each paycheck). Recently Quicken has been reordering the split items which requires more time when updating. It never use to do this.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @eak, are you using the Paycheck Wizard?  If not, how are you inputting these paychecks?
    And, what BUILD of Q are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Did you previously run the R38.xx versions of Q?  They had a bug that caused problems with paychecks.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.