Account List Side Bar [scrolling issue with Q Win R 40.13]

In a recent update, when selecting an account from the side bar that is towards the end/bottom of my list (in my case, I have many accounts and a scroll slider bar to slide down to get to accounts not visible), the visible list reverts back to the top. This is very inconvenient if I am needing to view several accounts sequentially. Each time I have to scroll the list down to get to the accounts not visible to select the next account.

Prior to one of the recent updates, Quicken would remember the position of the side bar list and I could quickly select another account without having to use the scroll slider to move towards the bottom to see the accounts near the bottom of the list.

Any possibility of this getting fixed in a future update ?

Answers

  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the Account Bar currently located on  your screen?
    Where was it previously located?
    Do you have this option (VIEW, "Use Large Fonts") turned on?
    What BUILD of Q are you currently running? Do HELP,  About Quicken for this info.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    Where is the Account Bar currently located on  your screen? Left side top to bottom
    Where was it previously located? - Same, no change
    Do you have this option (VIEW, "Use Large Fonts") turned on? - No
    What BUILD of Q are you currently running? - 27.1.40.13
    Do HELP,  About Quicken for this info.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question.  What is your WINDOWS (not Q) display setting?
    Click the Windows icon  at the lower left of your screen and click SETTINGS. Click SYSTEM and scroll down to "Display Resolution" for this info.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    Another question.  What is your WINDOWS (not Q) display setting? --- 2560 x 1440

    Click the Windows icon  at the lower left of your screen and click SETTINGS. Click SYSTEM and scroll down to "Display Resolution" for this info.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the "recommended" setting?
    Also,  what's the "Size of text ..."  setting?  Is that the recommended setting?
    If either isn't recommended, why are you running them?
    As an experiment, try setting it to 1920 x 1080 and 100% to see if that improves things. You can switch it back  if not.
    BTW, I haven't previously heard of this issue ...which is why I'm asking for these various display settings in Q and Win.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    Is that the "recommended" setting? --- Yes, 2560 x 1440 is the recommended setting for my graphics card/monitor.
    Also,  what's the "Size of text ..."  setting? --- I have scale set to 150%, 100% is the recommended setting. 
    Is that the recommended setting?
    If either isn't recommended, why are you running them? --- At the recommended resolution, text was way too small for my liking when scaling is set at 100%, thus why I have it set to 150%.

    As an experiment, try setting it to 1920 x 1080 and 100% to see if that improves things. You can switch it back if not. --- I dropped the resolution down to 1920 x 1080 and set scaling to 100%. That didn't change the Quicken behavior relative to the left side account list reverting back to the top. Just an FYI, I have 87 accounts in my account list. I'm almost certain this behavior only started after a recent Q update. My display settings haven't been changed for quite some time.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 26
    I'm not yet running 27.1.40.13, so I can't test this on my system ... but many others HAVE done the upgrade and not reported this, but multiple other issues have been reported with this release.
    If you do "Check for Updates" on the HELP menu,  you might find that R39.23 is the "current" release.   I don't know if R40.13 was pulled, or if it's still in  "Staged Release".  In either case, you might try reverting to R39.23, which you can get here: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html
    Other, still older releases are also available at that website
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > I'm not yet running 27.1.40.13, so I can't test this on my system ... but many others HAVE done the upgrade and not reported this, but multiple other issues have been reported with this release.If you do "Check for Updates" on the HELP menu,  you might find that R39.23 is the "current" release.   I don't know if R40.13 was pulled, or if it's still in  "Staged Release".  In either case, you might try reverting to R39.23, which you can get here: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.htmlOther, still older releases are also available at that website

    HA.... add this to the list of issues with 40.13..... I reverted back to 39.23 and the problem went away!
    Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a place where I can notify Quicken that this is an issue with 40.13 ??
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about "Report a problem"  on the  HELP menu?  Be sure to tell them that reverting to R39.23 solved the issue and  your "Graphics" and "Display" settings, as we discussed above.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > How about "Report a problem"  on the  HELP menu?  Be sure to tell them that reverting to R39.23 solved the issue and  your "Graphics" and "Display" settings, as we discussed above.

    I ended up calling Q tech support and they made note of the issue and hopefully they will get it corrected in a future patch.
  • Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭
    R40.21 resolved the problem
  • pantz9
    pantz9 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Thomas Roche. You are a very patient man. I have the same problem. Running Quicken Deluxe R40.13. I have "Use Large Fonts" selected. It says I have the latest version so I can't easily upgrade.
    Anyone know how I can get R40.21?
  • Thomas Roche
    Thomas Roche Member ✭✭
    edited April 30
    > @pantz9 said:
    > Thanks Thomas Roche. You are a very patient man. I have the same problem. Running Quicken Deluxe R40.13. I have "Use Large Fonts" selected. It says I have the latest version so I can't easily upgrade.
    > Anyone know how I can get R40.21?

    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

    First link is the U.S./Windows version.