Is there a Print feature in Planning Tool for Projected Balances?

bparker
bparker Member ✭✭
Windows 10 (Home), Ver R40.21, Build 27.1.40.21. I'm looking for a way to print the results generated by the Planning Tool for Project Balances. I don't find anything in Help guidance and see nothing on this topic here in the Quicken Community. Any thoughtful suggestions are appreciated. Sincerely,

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    [edited to include printing instructions - Sorry!]

If you go to the Bills and Income tab and select Projected Balances, you can print the graph and the table below. Go to File > Print Projected Balances or hit Ctrl-P. Unfortunately there is no way to export the table for further analysis.

Hint: the "Closing Balance" column is much more useful if you click on the Account to Use header to sort the table by account.

It would be even better if there was a way to see and, as someone requested recently, export the running total of all the selected accounts when sorted by date.  
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Try from the File Menu / Print Projected Balances or simply press CTRL-P

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓
    [edited to include printing instructions - Sorry!]

If you go to the Bills and Income tab and select Projected Balances, you can print the graph and the table below. Go to File > Print Projected Balances or hit Ctrl-P. Unfortunately there is no way to export the table for further analysis.

Hint: the "Closing Balance" column is much more useful if you click on the Account to Use header to sort the table by account.

It would be even better if there was a way to see and, as someone requested recently, export the running total of all the selected accounts when sorted by date.  
    QWin Premier subscription
  • bparker
    bparker Member ✭✭
    Jim, Thank you for your very prompt reply.

I'm on the Bills and Income tab and have selected Projected Balances, picked the Select accounts and Time range feature I want. Presented is a snapshot of exactly the time dimension what I want (3 months). Unfortunately, I don't see how to print (either the table or the graph). I've experimented with right clicking the mouse and looking around for a print icon to no avail.

In the top right of the screen I do see the "Manage Manual Bills and Income" button, but that takes me back to the monthly "Tools", Manage Bills & Income Reminders which (while providing a print icon), does not give the time range dimension I am looking for.

Any suggestion on what I'm missing? Again, thanks for your assistance with this.

Sincerely,
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    UKR said:
    Those options don't appear to exist in the Planning > Projected Balances window.
    Edit: Sorry for my confusion. Printing is possible from the Bills > Projected Balances display. Confusing Quicken has 2 things with the same name.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• bparker
    bparker Member ✭✭
    @UKR - Thanks, real rookie mistake not thinking of Ctrl+P. Works and gets a printout. Not exportable, but I didn't ask about that, and can deal with having the print version. I do appreciate the very timely assistance.
    Sincerely,
This discussion has been closed.