Quicken Opens SLOWLY With An Internet Connection; QUICKLY Without One

NONEYA
NONEYA Member ✭✭
Quicken Deluxe R30.21 Build 27.1.40.21 (current) takes 27-28 seconds to open even with an empty data file IF I HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION.

If I disable my internet connection before opening Quicken, it takes 3-5 seconds to open WITH my active data file.

So far as I know, I have disabled any web-related options. (Preferences -> Mobile & Web -> OFF.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    NONEYA said:
    Quicken Deluxe R30.21 Build 27.1.40.21 (current) takes 27-28 seconds to open even with an empty data file IF I HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION.

If I disable my internet connection before opening Quicken, it takes 3-5 seconds to open WITH my active data file.

So far as I know, I have disabled any web-related options. (Preferences -> Mobile & Web -> OFF.
    Hello @NONEYA,     

I am sorry to hear about this issue with slow startup times. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Has this problem ceased after turning off Mobile & Web syncing? Also, if you are still noticing slow load times, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the program. You can find instructions on uninstalling Quicken in the Support Article linked here and instructions for reinstalling Quicken in the article linked here.

I look forward to any response you may be able to provide, should you have the opportunity to check in with us again.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a case of "ET phone home", Quicken checks and confirms your subscription if you have a network connection and doesn't if not.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.