I cannot get account updates from Schwab into quicken

I have been on the phone to guatemala a number of times for many hours and also worked with Schwab's IT people. [Removed - Disruptive]

I have 2 files and it will update one or the other, but not all the time. It's awful

Answers

• treefinder
    treefinder Member
    edited May 2022
    Anybody have any suggestions? [Removed - Disruptive]
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't a  chat line, where you post messages and get instant replies.  It's a Bulletin Board, where you post a  message and anyone  who has something to add will do so.
    If you need Chat, or phone,  click the SUPPORT link at the top  of this  page and scroll  most of the way down to the "Contact Support" section.
    BUT both Chat and Phone are  currently closed. They re-open at  5am Pacific time.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• cwaincom
    cwaincom Member
    I have been dealing with issue this since Schwab changed their downloading vendor in (I think) January.

I have 4 accounts with Schwab. One is mine and three are my wife's. I have no trouble with my account. Schwab changed their rules prohibiting me (who had "view" access to her accounts) from downloading her transactions under my user ID. As a result I had to reset up her transaction downloads to use her user ID and password. Since then, downloads have been sporadic. Today I received a single cash transaction for her but not any of her buy/sell transactions. I had to enter them all manually using placeholders. I talked to Schwab and they have been having issues with Quicken for some time, but assure me the problem is not on their end. It has increased the time I spend on my accounts by about 50% per week and vastly increases the chance of incorrectly entering manual transactions.

Someone at Quicken needs to do some detail testing on these Schwab downloads!
  • treefinder
    treefinder Member
    edited May 2022
    I have been using Quicken since the 1990s. All was fine until recently. I have spent hours and hours with the people in Guatemala trying to get quicken sorted out. I have spent hours and hours with the Schwab Tech people doing the same.

I am NOT, NOT, NOT comfortable having someone in Guatemala have access to my computer. [Removed - Disruptive]

Now I can download into one of my files, but not the other.

Please tell my why I should remain with Quicken at all? [Removed - Speculation]  Right now it would be easier for me to just use a spread sheet and take care of thing that way.
  • treefinder
    treefinder Member
    I agree completely. I have a business file with quicken and a personal one. Right now I have to go into Schwab each time I want to download...uncheck the boxes for one file and check the others. That worked for a while, but now it doesn't at all and nothing is accurate.

I really can't see the point of Quicken anymore. Schwab sends me the tax forms I need and I can do my checking accounts manually.

I'd say my increased time is 100%
  • treefinder
    treefinder Member
    edited May 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Rant/Disruptive]
This discussion has been closed.