How to fix CC-508 error with Discover Card

Options
jethroe
jethroe Member ✭✭
When trying to log into my Discover Card accounts for Express Web Connect or Direct Connect, I get an error code CC-508 telling me "Wait. Your financial institution has a request." "What you should know Discover Card Account Center reports that there is a
new page or popup on their website that requires your attention. Most likely it is a confirmation of their terms of service, or a paperless statement agreement.
1. Log in to their website and navigate until you can see your transactions, answering any questions along the way.
2. Return to Quicken and try again."

I've logged onto my account with my browser and have no "New Page" or "Popup" that would require my attention. I've called Discover and the customer service rep doesn't think this is a Discover issue but more likely something with Quicken. How can this be fixed?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect connection method instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with Discover Card and clear the financial name on the General tab.  After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with Discover Card and clear the financial name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account...Discover CardAdvanced Options, and choose Direct Connect, and select Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

Note:  When we change connection methods, Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which we may delete.

• kolbeman
    kolbeman Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had a similar problem after opening a new Discover Savings Account. I had previously downloaded transactions using web connect on my Discover Credit Card without an issue. After opening a savings account, I had trouble connecting to both accounts. The above instructions worked for connecting my credit card - however I needed to add the savings account separately. In order to connect to the savings account - you need to select "Discover Bank" and not "Discover Card". Having direct connect method for both account I think is also required. I kept getting the same error message as the original post.
    Logging into the website and hitting the "GOT IT" button on the popup window never fixed the issue. Thank you for this post. I have both accounts working now.
This discussion has been closed.