Chase - OL-393-A Errors [Edited]

Answers

• rvinci
    rvinci Member ✭✭
    Today is 5/23/22 and still getting error
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you review: ONGOING 5/17/2022 Chase - OL-393-A
  • rvinci
    rvinci Member ✭✭
    When is Quicken going to provide an update to the Chase OL-393-A error, I believe their last update was 5/17? Are they working on it or expecting Chase to be doing it? I talked with Chase; they say it is a Quicken error. Finger pointing? Not what I expect from either company.
  • GlennZ
    GlennZ Member ✭✭
    Update with Chase Bank went without the error this morning. Hopefully fixed permanently.
  • ATC
    ATC Member ✭✭
    Same here, no problem
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Mine went through without error two.  Which could possibly mean it was a Chase issue since there was no Quicken update??????
  • lwhite0307
    lwhite0307 Member
    Quicken's slow response to the OL-393-A error message is typical of the customer service I have experienced over the years.

Quicken isn't the only game in town. Quicken.com is more than willing to put their customers on auto-renewal while giving terrible customer service. How about giving daily updates on the resolution of this issue instead of remaining silent. Come on Quicken, get your stuff together.
  • thorn5
    thorn5 Member ✭✭✭
    YEE HAW!!! For the first time in two weeks, no bogus error message.
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    May 24th, No errors for me either. 
  • checkman
    checkman Member ✭✭
    > @lwhite0307 said:

> Quicken isn't the only game in town.

As far as I know, Quicken is the only program which allows me to write checks outside the bank's portal. I agree Quicken has to reduce these frequent outages.
  • TexasBob
    TexasBob Member ✭✭
    I was getting transactions and the error, now I just getting the error. I'm manually entering my transactions ;(
  • TexasBob
    TexasBob Member ✭✭
    It would be nice to get an "Official" update, timeline, apology. At least to assure us that they are "working" on it.
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    No OL-393-A error this morning as well even though I was still getting the error message yesterday. I didn't change anything and there was no Quicken program update this morning so perhaps it was a Chase problem after all?
  • TexasBob
    TexasBob Member ✭✭
    My Chase accounts are now working. I do use Bill Pay. I hope it keeps working.
  • Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Today, May 24, 2022
    No errors in Chase's One Step Update. :) Note: I did not pay any bills -that didn't matter, previously, to generate errors.

N.B. In an earlier post, I mentioned going to the OnLine Center and unchecking 'Bring my payment information up to date' to avoid the OL-393-A error.
    That very same box, 'Bring my payment...' is available using One Step Update (OSU).
    -How did I miss this, duh!
    Select OSU the way you normally do it. In the One Step Update Settings Window it's available (see attached Image). So, if you are still getting that error, try unchecking this box within the OSU Settings Window otherwise continue with all checked. This saves some extra steps.

Good Luck, :smiley:
    Charlie

@Quicken_Jasmine & @Quicken_Jared -update to prior post
    I'm a Quicken user since 1990.
  • Rick Norkin
    Rick Norkin Member ✭✭
    I received all my Chase downloads this morning after resetting the accounts.
  • BobGeeX
    BobGeeX Member
    :) Back working for me as well as of this morning.
  • Glen Raggio
    Glen Raggio Member ✭✭✭
    Chase downloaded transactions into Checking, Savings, Credit Card and Business accounts without the error.  I did not initiate any changes on my end.  Whatever was done, hope that was the solution to the OL-393-A error message.  Thanks.
  • edenjw
    edenjw Member ✭✭
    As of today, 5/24/22, I am no longer getting the OL-393-A error when using OSU with Chase. I also use Chase bill pay and all seems to be working normally. I am using Quicken Home, Business, and Rental Property on Windows 10 Home machine. Quicken version R 40.21, build: 27.1.40.21
    Thanks!
  • kevinrmohan
    kevinrmohan Member ✭✭
    OL-393 message popped up in my One-Step Update for Chase. I only just opened my accounts after changing from VyStar CU. My 2 checking accounts for VyStar were set with Bill Pay on in Quicken with no problems and I only did Bill Pay from VyStar, though I only will do Bill Pay from Chase. So they were set on in Chase too. But one member said that he, like me, only does Bill Pay from Chase so he turned it off in Quicken since something stated that you only turn it on in Quicken if you are going to use Quicken to do Bill Pay. He said it fixed his problem

So, after 'Deactivate' Bill Pay in my accounts here in Quicken, the OL-393 error message no longer occurs and my transactions download just fine.
    Hope this helps someone.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Two days in a row and the update is working.  Since there were no updates to Quicken it would suggest the problem was a Chase issue.
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to the person/team that cleared up this problem.
  • TexasBob
    TexasBob Member ✭✭
    > @TexasBob said:
    > My Chase accounts are now working. I do use Bill Pay. I hope it keeps working.

Getting error again
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    For the past three days, I have not been seeing the OL-393-A errors.  Does this mean the issue has been fixed?

• Charlie236
    Charlie236 Member ✭✭✭
    Worked for me, this evening.
    I'm a Quicken user since 1990.
  • Sue.day1
    Sue.day1 Member
    This problem is still going on. Am I the only one whose irritated?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sue said: This problem is still going on. Am I the only one whose irritated?
    Again - it may just be a bogus error message and the Download Transactions are happening
    AND any uploads to Chase Bill Pay are also happening... you check status via Chase online website -
    1 - Do you use Chase Bill Payment feature with Quicken
    2 - If not, then turn it off in Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    My update worked with no issues and Bank Bill Pay activated.
  • Yurquick1
    Yurquick1 Member
    Bill Pay is still not working (Chase switched me to Web Express Connect) and "use" field is Online Payee List is still greyed out. Chase and Quicken pointing fingers at each other.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you change the Quicken download protocol to Direct … which is required for the 2-way bill payment … review in Account Online Services 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.