Computer name/username and Quicken account don't match

I recently helped install a new Windows 11 computer for a "senior" friend. Apparently I inputted an incorrect spelling of their name in either the computer's name or user name when setting up the computer. My friend has been using Quicken on the new computer but turned off "program updates". My friend decided to install updates and afterwards the program wouldn't open because the program apparently detected that the computer's name was different from their Quicken account name. With a phone call, they were able to have Quicken support change the account user name. My question is: if I change the computer name/username to the correct spelling, will I be able to log into the Quicken account and change the account user name back to the correct spelling?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken is not impacted by the name of the Windows computer or Windows user.  I suspect your friend needed to authenticate the Quicken ID (an email address) associated with the Quicken file to authorize their Quicken subscription rights.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken is not impacted by the name of the Windows computer or Windows user.  I suspect your friend needed to authenticate the Quicken ID (an email address) associated with the Quicken file to authorize their Quicken subscription rights.
  • newbe
    newbe Member
    Thanks Sherlock. I wouldn't think a computer name would have any issues either but this is what they understood was the problem per the Quicken support person.
This discussion has been closed.