Quicken Not Loading All Data From .QFX File

Options
Hello,

I recently began using quicken, I am using Quicken Deluxe via the Windows Subscription model.

Version: R40.21
Build: 27.1.40.21

The problem I am having is in regards to importing .QFX data that I've download from American Express. I am downloading the entire history of data that is available, for some cards it is the past 2 years, for other cards it is the past 8 months. However, Quicken is not loading all of the data from these .QFX files - some transactions are skipped, resulting in the "total" reported by Quicken to be different than the actual total on the account.

In particular, for one of my accounts, the history contains 302 transactions. However, quicken only loaded 298 of them. I went through manually to find the 4 missing transactions, and I confirmed that they exist in the .QFX data, so I am unsure as to why they are not loading.

I also have another account with 1002 transactions, but only 939 are loading into quicken.

There are no error messages when the data is loaded. After the first time I loaded these .qfx files, any subsequent attempts to load the data don't seem to show Quicken doing anything. In some of these attempts Quicken gets stuck in the "One Step Update..."

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If a transaction in the QFX file has an FITID field previously imported into a register, Quicken will silently exclude the transaction from being imported into the register. 
  • A Anderson
    A Anderson Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock , thank you for the response - unfortunately I've checked the entire list of data, and there are no duplicates in the FITID field. I've even tried creating an entirely new book and importing the data, to ensure there was no duplicates across any accounts, and it resulted in the same thing.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @Sherlock , thank you for the response - unfortunately I've checked the entire list of data, and there are no duplicates in the FITID field. I've even tried creating an entirely new book and importing the data, to ensure there was no duplicates across any accounts, and it resulted in the same thing.
    Unfortunately, we do not have a way to check the entire list of data as deleted transactions that may not be imported into the same register.

I'm not sure what you mean by I've even tried creating an entirely new book and importing the data, to ensure there was no duplicates across any accounts, and it resulted in the same thing.  If you imported the QFX file into a new account register, all of the transactions in the QFX file should be appear in the new register.  If not, either the Quicken file or the QFX file are corrupt.
This discussion has been closed.