U.S. Bank

maxwelwp
maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
Trying to get US Bank home mortgage setup as an online biller but seems cannot get it to complete the process. 
First there are a couple US Banks listed for online billers (U.S. Bank and U.S. Bank Home Mortgage (New Experience)).
Both U.S. Bank biller entries take me to the same website "Customer dashboard | U.S. Bank (usbank.com)" so not really sure what the difference is.
in Quicken, both state "Your bill has been successfully added, but your next amount due is not yet available from your biller. You should get the latest due date and amount when your bill is available. Try again"
How long should this process take? Other accounts added were setup within the hour.
This morning my US Bank account was locked and required a password reset due to too many login attempts.
I also have MFA enabled at US Bank as many financial institutions are starting to enable.
Is U.S. Bank able to be setup or do I have to use other methods to make payments. The end goal is to use Quick Pay rather than Check Pay.

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
Quicken user since 1993

Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that can't be resolved in a timely fashion?

While you're waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and perhaps all future payments from your checking account or a credit card. The biller will make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the debit transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• maxwelwp
    Thanks for the feedback. They were setup as you describe above however in order to gain some flexibility and reduce the number of payees that have my bank information, I thought would be a good time to begin setting some of these up in quicken and use Bill Manager to pay them thru quick pay.

Beginning to think not the best idea as U.S. Bank seems to be unable to connect as online billers and since attempting to do so, they fail to download transactional data also.

Capital One Card (apparently for 3 years now) has not been able to be setup and all communication on this media recommend not attempting to set them up. 

Seems to me if the financial institution cannot be setup, then it should either be removed from the list of online billers or fixed!!! 3 years in the case of Capital One is not acceptable and they should be removed. 

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxwelwp said:
    Thanks for the feedback. ...

Capital One Card (apparently for 3 years now) has not been able to be setup and all communication on this media recommend not attempting to set them up. 
    As far as Capitol One is concerned, my download connection is working without problems ever since, a couple of years ago, I had to perform a one-time procedure to authorize Quicken as a third party app. Logon to your card account with your browser, click the avatar icon in the upper right hand corner of the webpage and select Security. There's a section about Linked Apps which should show Quicken. If it doesn't, it should show a way how to link Quicken as a linked app. You may have to call Capitol One helpdesk to help you with that procedure ... I can't find a webpage with a How-to-link procedure.

• maxwelwp
    The transactional downloads work fine. Setting them up as an online biller is the part that Quicken suggests not doing since Aug of 2019.

ONGOING 8/25/21 Users Unable to Add Capital One eBills/Online Billers — Quicken

Message When Adding or Updating Online Bills With Capital One: Account is Locked (quicken.com)

Quicken user since 1993

This discussion has been closed.