Budget report missing data

stevemcam
stevemcam Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
I ran my budget report today and one item from my checking account does not appear. The category and account are both listed, and previous months show up - but not the current month. I have checked dates, etc., and even copied the transaction from the prior month - then updated the date, but it will not show up on the budget report. Anyone else have this issue? First time for me. Thank you!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    If the transaction was downloaded from your bank (as opposed to entered manually), is it possible the Posting date for the transaction is in the next month? That is, a transaction dated April 30 in your register, but posted by your bank on May 1? Click on the transaction and select View > Show Inspector.

Also: the transaction in question does not include a Transfer, does it? (Transactions with both categories and transfers are very problematic, but I won't dive into that unless it turns out to be the issue here.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    If the transaction was downloaded from your bank (as opposed to entered manually), is it possible the Posting date for the transaction is in the next month? That is, a transaction dated April 30 in your register, but posted by your bank on May 1? Click on the transaction and select View > Show Inspector.

Also: the transaction in question does not include a Transfer, does it? (Transactions with both categories and transfers are very problematic, but I won't dive into that unless it turns out to be the issue here.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • stevemcam
    stevemcam Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Thanks very much, it was a transfer so that could very well be the problem. I ended up just deleting it and then re-entering it from scratch and it hit the budget. Appreciate your response.