Budget report missing data

Options
stevemcam
stevemcam Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
I ran my budget report today and one item from my checking account does not appear. The category and account are both listed, and previous months show up - but not the current month. I have checked dates, etc., and even copied the transaction from the prior month - then updated the date, but it will not show up on the budget report. Anyone else have this issue? First time for me. Thank you!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If the transaction was downloaded from your bank (as opposed to entered manually), is it possible the Posting date for the transaction is in the next month? That is, a transaction dated April 30 in your register, but posted by your bank on May 1? Click on the transaction and select View > Show Inspector.

Also: the transaction in question does not include a Transfer, does it? (Transactions with both categories and transfers are very problematic, but I won't dive into that unless it turns out to be the issue here.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If the transaction was downloaded from your bank (as opposed to entered manually), is it possible the Posting date for the transaction is in the next month? That is, a transaction dated April 30 in your register, but posted by your bank on May 1? Click on the transaction and select View > Show Inspector.

Also: the transaction in question does not include a Transfer, does it? (Transactions with both categories and transfers are very problematic, but I won't dive into that unless it turns out to be the issue here.)

• stevemcam
    stevemcam Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks very much, it was a transfer so that could very well be the problem. I ended up just deleting it and then re-entering it from scratch and it hit the budget. Appreciate your response.
  • OHS
    OHS Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how to create a Quicken budget using annual amounts? I'm only allowed to input monthly figures, which doesn't work with my organization's small budget
  • jacobs
    Options
    @OHS you could approach this in several ways if you just want an annual budget.

(1) You can spread the amounts out evenly over 12 months. Enter the annual amount in the January box, and then select the choice in the pop-up menu to have Quicken divide the amount over all 12 months:

(2) You can have Quicken spread the amount out bimonthly or quarterly in the same way.

(3) If the income or expense category is a once-a-year occurrence — income from an event, annual insurance premium, etc. — just enter the amount in the month in which it occurs. 

(4) If you really only care about entering annual numbers, you could just enter all the annual values in January and leaving every other month blank. This will give you a way to report actual income/expenses year-to-date versus the full annual budget, if that's what you're looking for.
This discussion has been closed.