Creating a report using columns NUM or REF as a filter.

celittle
celittle Member
edited June 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have been using Quicken for a long time (since it was Quicken no year). I use separate accounts to track expenses that I have for work and other ventures to seperate each expense report I use NUM or REF column to identify the expense report (IE 1, 2,..) and when I get reimbursed I use the same REF number to tie the payment to the expense report. I have always been able to get a report using the CLR column to only get the transactions in a particular expense report. But they are getting bigger and harder to do that.
I'm looking for a way to create a report that can filter using the REF or NUM column in an account to create that report there-by only have those transactions for a particular expense report.
Thanks

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't find a way to filter on those columns either.
    BUT, have you considered creating a "Receivables" asset/banking type account and using that account as the category for your expenses to be reimbursed?  That way, those expenses will still show as money  owed to you.
    Then, when you get paid you show the deposit as coming  from the Receivables account.
    This also gets those items out of your Income/Expense reports since they're truly neither.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• celittle
    celittle Member
    Interesting I will look into that. Thanks for the comment.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use the Find command to find certain Num or Ref entries, but that's not as good as a report you can manipulate.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also try using TAGS to identify each thing.  You can sort and filter reports by Tag.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• celittle
    celittle Member
    I already use the tags to organize the expense report (Meals, Travel etc.)
    Thanks for the comment
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A transaction (or split line) can have multiple tags separated by colons.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.