When sending files for Report a Problem, is confidential info like passwords sent to Quicken?

Options
There has been chronic OL-393 error when updating transactions from Chase, so it was recommended to click "Report A Problem" within Quicken which uploads various Quicken files. After doing so, I was concerned that confidential data like passwords would be included in the files. Please let me know if that is the case.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The log files that are sent already have the passwords stripped out of them.  They do still have usernames and account numbers in them.  For Direct Connect connections like is this case the OFX log is the main log file, and you can view it with Help -> Contact Support -> Log Files -> OFX Log.

Note you don't need to send a "Sanitized data file" for this case, but if you were to do that the financial institution passwords would be stripped out of it too, along with account numbers and such.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The log files that are sent already have the passwords stripped out of them.  They do still have usernames and account numbers in them.  For Direct Connect connections like is this case the OFX log is the main log file, and you can view it with Help -> Contact Support -> Log Files -> OFX Log.

Note you don't need to send a "Sanitized data file" for this case, but if you were to do that the financial institution passwords would be stripped out of it too, along with account numbers and such.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jason Gittman
    Jason Gittman Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for that info. I did download of OFX log and do see that bank account numbers and one username was in the log as you stated, but no passwords. Just to be safe, I changed my username and passwords to my bank. Can't change account numbers but that is no big deal.
This discussion has been closed.