Why does Charles Schwab not update positions

During an update Charles Schwab accounts up date transactions, but does not up date positions. My entire view of Schwab is incorrect on Quicken. Any ideas on a fix? Can they be manually up dated? If so, how?

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "During an update Charles Schwab accounts up date transactions, but does not up date positions."
    I think you're saying that transactions that should affect the number of shares of a security owned - Buys, Sells, Dividend Reinvestments, etc. - are properly being entered, but the number of shares of the security shown when you click "Holdings" doesn't change appropriately?
    Do Edit > Preferences... > Investment transactions and make sure "Show hidden transactions" is selected.  There might be some placeholders in the transaction list that's affecting things.
  • gator57701
    gator57701 Member
    Tom, I just began using Quicken. From the first time I linked Quicken with our Schwab accounts, the cash balance, stock and fund transactions, (dividends and reinvestments) downloaded. My original positions did not. For example, it does not show the number of shares of a particular stock, but it does show the dividends received from that stock and the re-investment of those dividends. The balance for the stock only indicates the number of shares from the re-investments and not the total number of shares owned.
    Thanks,
    Mark
This discussion has been closed.