Archive Copy, Use New w/Less Data

jco61
jco61 Member ✭✭
My database file is quite large. I would like to strip several years off leaving me only the last 4-years. Every time I try this, it loses the One Step Update features (passwords are gone and no way to know which accounts gets updated) as I don't do all of them. Why is this the case? I wan't to use the new created file that only contains the last 4-years. This feature has always been kind of quirking, in my opinion.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: FAQ: Year End Copy
  • jco61
    jco61 Member ✭✭
    That feature does not seem to exist anymore. The attachment illustrates my options. I've tried all three. I have a version that contains only the 4-years now, however, I can't get one of the accounts to activate the download. My screen freezes and all I can do is delete the task.
  • jco61
    jco61 Member ✭✭
    Added Note: Apparently from what I've read, this is normal, so that the copy does not conflict with your original. So, Quicken is doing what it is supposed to do. However, I have the issue of not being able to Activate one account as mentioned in the last post. I'm back to my original file. I will try the procedure again (maybe something corrupted).
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    jco61 said:
    That feature does not seem to exist anymore. The attachment illustrates my options. I've tried all three. I have a version that contains only the 4-years now, however, I can't get one of the accounts to activate the download. My screen freezes and all I can do is delete the task.
    The feature still exists.  I suggest you actually read the FAQ before responding: FAQ: Year End Copy
This discussion has been closed.