Net Income Chart In Overview Screen Excluding an Account (Q Mac)

RichInMS
RichInMS Member
Since I opened another checking account, the 'net income' screen has not been including that charts with its spending plots. The account is NOT held separate and shows up in other reports - just not the overview screen. There must be some screen where I turned off specific accounts for that plot, and now I can't find how to turn them back on. Any ideas?

Comments

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is any setting for the Overview > Net Income display. It seems to be one-size-fits-all. I could be wrong about this.

Your description of the problem is not clear for someone that cannot see what you are seeing. What specific evidence do you have of the problem? 

That said, I personally have never been able to match up the limited information in this display with the numbers provided elsewhere in Quicken for Mac. I just ignore this display in my day-to-day, and occasionally glance at it when I want my fix of colorful graphics. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2022
    @RichInMS I never use the Home screen myself, so I'm just making sure I understand the screen you're talking about: is it the Home screen, in the top Overview section, where you scroll right to the Net Income bar graph? If you click on the bar for a recent month, it then opens a separate window with Transactions, Spending and Income tabs. The filter for each of those tabs should be set to "All Banking & Investing Accounts". And in that window, even though they're filtered to to show all banking accounts, you're saying the list of transactions below the pie graph do not include any transactions for your new checking account?

One additional question: are there transactions in this checking account which are income or spending transactions, as opposed to transfers? If you're looking for a transfer transaction to which you have also applied da category, that is definitely problematic; I won't go into detail on that here, but I can explain why if you say this is the issue. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RichInMS
    RichInMS Member
    Thanks for noting back. The transactions are right and these are not transfers. Just the normal in/out of a checking account with designed categories. The categories are all the same as the prior checking account and I can't see any designation for this checking account that is different than my previous one.

The transactions from the account show up fine in all the other lists/graphs, but the net income plot completely ignores it. Only that new account.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @RichInMS Okay, you answered my last question: Transfer transactions are not involved. ;)

But you didn't answer whether what you're looking at is what I'm describing as the place I'm trying (and failing) to replicate the problem you're describing. I've tried adding a new checking account, entering one transaction dated last month, and as soon as I click on the Home screen, all three graphs on the Home screen reflect the new dummy transaction in the new account. So I'm not seeing what I think you're describing. 

So, to insure we're on the same page…
    • You go to the Home screen
    • In the top Overview section, you scroll right to the Net Income bar graph
    • You click on the bar for a month, such as May 2022
    • It then opens a separate window with Transactions, Spending and Income tabs.
    • In my case, it always defaults to the Income tab, but I don't know if it always does this for everyone. So I click on the Spending Tab.
    • The filter should be set to "All Banking & Investing Accounts" and the date should be the month you clicked on
    At this point, the top of the separate window should look like this:

Is that what you're seeing? And in that window, even though it's filtered to to show all banking accounts, you're saying it's omitting the transactions from your new account? Or are they included here, but not in the Net Income bar on the previous screen? 

If they're missing, if you click on the Transactions tab in the separate window, set the date range to Last Month (or the month you're examining), do you see the transactions in the new account or not?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.