Messed Up Paycheck

Diver42420
Diver42420 Member ✭✭✭
The graph of our income/expenses on the home page shows a huge income spike in March. I tracked it to a paycheck that looks to be corrupted or something. When I hover the txn, it shows completely wrong numbers in the splits, but the net amount is correct. I already reconciled March, so it's set as R. It seems the gross pay, taxes, etc are duplicated, throwing all those numbers off now in my totals.

These are automatically entered as they're always the same, so it must be corrupted. I've done validate and there are no errors. Hitting the Split button on it gives a blank page. Usually when that happens (a lot, Quicken!) I can do the Ctrl-S to at least see the breakdown. That gives a blank page too.

I'd normally just delete this and copy the other paycheck from that month, but nervous since it's reconciled. Won't that throw me off next time I go to reconcile (already did April)?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I'd normally just delete this and copy the other paycheck from that month, but nervous since it's reconciled. Won't that throw me off next time I go to reconcile (already did April)? "
    If you delete a transaction that, properly, has an "R" in the Clr column and then re-enter that transaction without affecting the net deposit, you can manually put an "R" in the Clr column and your next month reconciliation will not be affected.
    Any time you do a reconciliation Quicken calculates the "Opening Balance" to use for the reconciliation by adding up all the prior period transactions with an "R" in the Clr column.
This discussion has been closed.