Using PayPal in Quicken Deluxe

Options
I just added PayPal account to Quicken. It downloaded my recent transactions. Can I use Quicken to pay (transfer) funds to other PayPal accounts? Transfer funds to/from my checking?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @MagicPinball .   Unfortunately, you cannot do that from within Quicken.  Quicken does offer functionality similar to what you are talking about with some banks called Bank Bill Pay but that requires the bank to support the Direct Connect connection method.  PayPal supports the Express Web Connect+ connection method which does not have this functionality.  When you want to do transfers and make payments with PayPal you will need to do that from within your online/mobile app PayPal account.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @MagicPinball .   Unfortunately, you cannot do that from within Quicken.  Quicken does offer functionality similar to what you are talking about with some banks called Bank Bill Pay but that requires the bank to support the Direct Connect connection method.  PayPal supports the Express Web Connect+ connection method which does not have this functionality.  When you want to do transfers and make payments with PayPal you will need to do that from within your online/mobile app PayPal account.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.