I am unable to change (edit) the Financial Institution for any of my accounts

I know how to edit the account, but when I change the "Financial Institution" name it doesn't change. These are not necessarily accounts tied to an online financial institution.

Answers

• @william marsh - in order for you to change the Financial Institution name, the account needs to be Deactivated from Online Services.  I would also clear out the Account Number, Routing Number, Customer ID, or anything else associated with online connection.  Changing any of this information would require you to resetup online services for the account.  Just altering one of these items without updating the rest can lead to issues.
  • William Marsh
    William Marsh Member ✭✭
    The accounts that I am trying to change are not tied to a financial institution and/or are not currently set up for online services. I can edit other account details, but not "Financial Institution".
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The accounts that I am trying to change are not tied to a financial institution and/or are not currently set up for online services. I can edit other account details, but not "Financial Institution".
    I suggest you create a new offline account register, move the transactions from the original register to the new register, reset any memorized payees and reminders referencing the original register to reference the new register, and delete the original register.
This discussion has been closed.