Doesn't import all transactions

Options
elance001
elance001 Member
I have been trying to fix my checking account, because Quicken just won't import some transactions from the credit union qfx file, even though they are plainly there. I downloaded a .qfx from SDCCU, about a months worth, it imported some but missed a whole bunch. They are plainly there if I open the file with Notepad. No, I didn't delete ANYTHING so it isn't an issue of not reimporting deleted transactions. But this is now a huge mess and I am having to go through every day in February and find what it missed.
Is there a way to make it import everything in the file, like it should?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    elance001 said:
    I have been trying to fix my checking account, because Quicken just won't import some transactions from the credit union qfx file, even though they are plainly there. I downloaded a .qfx from SDCCU, about a months worth, it imported some but missed a whole bunch. They are plainly there if I open the file with Notepad. No, I didn't delete ANYTHING so it isn't an issue of not reimporting deleted transactions. But this is now a huge mess and I am having to go through every day in February and find what it missed.
    Is there a way to make it import everything in the file, like it should?
    I suspect the issue may be that the financial institution is not generating a unique FITID for each transaction.  You should be able to confirm the same.  If true, I suggest you report the issue to the financial institution.   If you still want to coerce Quicken into importing every transaction in the QFX file, I suggest you provide each transaction with a unique FITID.  Alternatively, you may be use ImportQIF to convert the QFX file into a QIF file if the account is not a loan/liability and then import the QIF file or use ImportQIF to convert the QIF file to QFX file which will then have a unique FITID for each transaction generated by ImportQIF.
  • elance001
    elance001 Member
    Options
    There was not a problem per se with the credit union downloads.

Rather than go through the import file manually and find transactions, I elected to just enter them manually. Either way was going to involve going through the bank statement and verifying every transaction that was there, and entering the ones that weren't.

This was a painful and stupid process, especially with the limitations of Quicken's user interface, but I finally got the balance to match. I got Quicken to help me out, but pretty much I am a slave to it, rather than it serving me.

Bottom line, you DO NOT want to get behind on your imports. The direct imports work well. Well except for when I found duplicate entries in a credit card account... But they only ask for 90 days back and if you get behind, you then have to download a file from all your financial accounts, and some work, and some are pretty bad.
This discussion has been closed.