Janney Montgomery Scott's New Connection Process - Duplicate Holdings

2»

Comments

• Dave Anderer
    Dave Anderer Member ✭✭✭
    I've been watching one account closely.  I also setup a copy of Quicken for Windows monitoring that one account.  The Mac and Windows versions track exactly.  

The only issue I'm seeing now is that the Mac version won't auto-reconcile because the cash value in the QFX file doesn't match what Quicken calculates.  Note I think the Mac calc is correct.  Note also the Windows version seems to just ignore this value.

I am no longer seeing dividends double-posted.

As to splits - no data.  I know the Windows version had problems with these even under the old Janney scheme.

So, for my uses, the current state of things seems bearable though far from ideal.
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    I'm still puzzled by the $$$$$$ one day loss, after which the balance was correct. Also, some of the transactions aren't properly described, such as transactions described as 'payment/deposit' of $1k+ without any payee name or symbol. I'll run that by Janney tech support.
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    The $300k+ change in one day is the Google 20:1 stock split.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    jtjbt20x said:
    The $300k+ change in one day is the Google 20:1 stock split.
    You may need to adjust the price history for Google to make sure the price drop is the same day as the stock split. It's not unusual for the quote provider to have little wrinkles like this with stock splits, and usually a manual tweak to the price history will be all that's necessary to resolve it. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Dave Anderer
    Dave Anderer Member ✭✭✭
    Having said things were getting better, well..  I've got two accounts (out of a dozen or so) that over the past few days have dropped 75% in value because securities are now missing from them.  Trying to update them doesn't help.  The same accounts show up correctly in the Quicken for Windows.

Deleting the accounts in the Mac version and re-downloading them get the data correct again.

Frustrating.  Frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.