Still Waiting for Usable Product

After the (final, they say) most recent dire warning to update from Quicken, I thought I'd give it one more try. Still crashes before launching (terminally spins) EVERY time.

So, back to the QW27.1.36.38M Patch, which is the *only* way I can launch this thing.

Been through all the uninstalling/cleaning rigmarole, so save it.

Either this gets fixed or I'm outa here.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I guess you're outa here.  Nobody can help you fix your issue without you providing more details on the issue you're having.

Crashes before launching and terminally spins would not be terms that describe the same symptom happening every time.

Are you able to open the Quicken program without opening a Quicken file?  This may be attempted by pressing the Ctrl key when you launch Quicken.

If you're not able to open the Quicken program without opening a Quicken file, there is an issue with the installation or update of the program in your environment that will need to be addressed. 

If you'e able to open the Quicken program without opening a Quicken file, are you able to open your Quicken files?  This may be attempted by pressing Ctrl + O

If Quicken crashes when we attempt to open a Quicken file, the Quicken file is corrupt.  You may attempt to Validate and Repair the corrupt Quicken file, but the recommended approach is to locate a good backup of the Quicken file.  With the Quicken program open, you may select File > Validate and Repair File... to attempt to Validate and Repair the file or you may select File > File Quicken Files... to help locate a good backup of the Quicken file.

Regarding Quicken file corruptions, you may want to review:

https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Troubleshoot+a+damaged+Quicken+data+file

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

• Done all that.

It appears to be launching - even shows the file/edit/view, etc. menu headers at times - but will not get all the way open.

Did the deep clean. Tried opening multiple saved and or backed up files. Did the 'safe' launch. Last Fall versions work. Anything since does not.
  • Two different 64-bit W10 computers, updated.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long have you let Quicken spin before giving up and ending the task? By any chance is the data file size getting larger and larger while Quicken is spinning?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    There could be another long-shot reason for your unfortunate experience worth investigating.  Microsoft's patch of May 10 (KB5013943) caused many issues (not just Quicken).  Based on my readings your program should not start/spin at all which is why I wrote this is a long-shot.  Google the KB please.  Many Quicken users reported it within this community as well.  Of many resolutions, two are most common: Uninstall the KB and/or re-enable .Net Framework 3.5 in Control Panel > Programs and Features > "Turn Windows features on or off".  The latter resolved it for most Quicken users.  Next solution to that was possibly Microsoft's patch of May 24 (KB5014019) unconfirmed.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Done all that.

It appears to be launching - even shows the file/edit/view, etc. menu headers at times - but will not get all the way open.

Did the deep clean. Tried opening multiple saved and or backed up files. Did the 'safe' launch. Last Fall versions work. Anything since does not.
    Done all what?

So, Quicken is not crashing? 
    If you use Windows task manager (press Ctrl + Shift + Esc), is Quicken using significant CPU?

Are you able to open the Quicken program without opening a Quicken file?
    If so, are you able to create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File... )?

Please explain what you mean by Did the deep clean and Did the 'safe' launch.
This discussion has been closed.