Recent update destroyed my file

Options
ChrisS70
ChrisS70 Member ✭✭
I don't know why I always experience the worst issues with quicken. I just updated to the latest release and after opening my file and synchronizing, my account balances were all wrong. I restored from my last backup and added the missing entries. When I synchronized again, I found the balances for my checking accounts completely wrong AGAIN! Since I've started using Quicken again after many years of using other products, I have had issues with my quicken files and bank balances more than I have with any other product I've used. This is completely unacceptable for me. I will be looking for an alternative this weekend. I am sick of dealing with the poor QA of code and unresponsive behavior of the interface too. I feel that my money has been wasted on this product!

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before opening the Quicken file backup, I suggest you delete the cloud account associated with the Quicken file:  https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock
     After deleting cloud account, will there be any unwanted side effects  down the road that might make me wish I had reconsiderd having done that? Can it, does it, will it affect something else that you know of?

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TTSguy said:
    @Sherlock
     After deleting cloud account, will there be any unwanted side effects  down the road that might make me wish I had reconsiderd having done that? Can it, does it, will it affect something else that you know of?

Obviously, any changes you may have introduced into the cloud account using the Quicken Mobile App and Quicken on the Web that were not synchronized with the Quicken file before you saved the backup you are opening will be lost but that should be the limit of any unwanted side effects.
This discussion has been closed.