Why does it take over 10 minutes for Quicken to open after I select program on Windows 10?

Options
buckeyrc
buckeyrc Member ✭✭
I contacted my provider and they suggested replacing modem and router. On 6-2-2022 I replaced modem with a DOC-SIS 3.1 combo. It has helped speed of other programs loading and opening.
However, Quicken it still takes over 10 minutes to open after I have selected it. After Quicken does appear on screen, it takes over a minute for screen to change after selecting something different.
This has been going on for over 3 months.
What should I do next?
My HP Pavilion laptop is 9 years old, running Windows 10.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    get a new computer with SSD and more powerful processor and faster RAM.  while a 9 year old laptop may run Windows & Quicken, you are experiencing the frustration of a Model A in a Lamborghini world my friend.  jsut bite the bullet and get a new laptop or computer.  You'll be amazed at the difference.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you disable your network interfaces, Control Panel->All Control Panel Items->Network Connections , does Quicken startup quicker?
    If so, you are getting a slow response from the Quicken authentication server or your computer is just reacting slowly to it.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.