Year End Archive

Jan G
Jan G Member ✭✭✭
In doing a year end archive I find that "paycheck" entries for the previous FIVE YEARS are still including in the current year register...no other entries, just those categorized as "paycheck" (with the appropriate deductions shown in the splits). My question is, why?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Look at one of the paycheck transactions left behind.  Chase each of the splits that are a transfer to a different account and ensure that the transaction in that account is Reconciled.
    both ends of transfers have to be reconciled for Quicken to remove the transaction.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Look at one of the paycheck transactions left behind.  Chase each of the splits that are a transfer to a different account and ensure that the transaction in that account is Reconciled.
    both ends of transfers have to be reconciled for Quicken to remove the transaction.

• Jan G
    Jan G Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you. Apparently the 60 paycheck entries with splits to minimally 7 different separate accounts (Fed:tax Fed:Social Security, 401-K, State-tax, etc.) are not reconciled. No way am I going to "chase" 5 years of those entries just to mark them reconciled. I'll just put up with the long list of paycheck entries.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    All you have to do is go to each of those accounts, select a range of transactions, right click, select Edit, and change CLR to "R".
    Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.
    [added] I thought about this some more and I believe you are confusing categories with transfers.  Unless you really have create an account in Quicken to show your taxes (which I doubt), the only one mentioned that is probably a transfer is the 401-K transfer, so it would be the only one that needs reconciling.

• Jan G
    Jan G Member ✭✭✭
    You may be right about confusing categories with transfers. I’ll have to double check that. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.