Alert Settings - Cannot see the headings above the check boxes

Options
db7j
db7j Member ✭✭
Hello,
When I got to "Alert Settings" in Quicken, it pulls up a box and there are check marks for me to set alerts. The problem is, I cannot read the headings above the two checkbox columns. Can you help me with the words? First word looks like "Enable"? Second word all I see is "Em". I assume this means "Email"? What is the difference between enabling an alert and emailing an alert? If I enable the alert, wouldn't that imply I want to be notified by email? See the attached screenshot of what I see on my screen. BTW, I tried to hover over the words above these two columns and nothing came up. I also tried to drag the column lines over but the columns didn't widen. I also tried to drag the window to make it wider and that also did not work. Thank you for any assistance!

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @db7j - the heading on the first column is "Enable" and the second one is "Email".
  • db7j
    db7j Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Damian! One more question/clarification: If I enable the alert but don't check the email box, where does the alert show up?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I do not use the Mobile feature, but I tried looking through documentation, but I couldn't find anything that addresses your question.  My guess is that it is reserved for future development, meaning they maybe will add a "Text" column in the future?  I would check both boxes for now to be sure.  Maybe a Quicken Mobile user can give more information on this.  Sorry I'm not more help with that.
  • db7j
    db7j Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Damian! Appreciate the response and advice!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    db7j said:
    Thank you, Damian! One more question/clarification: If I enable the alert but don't check the email box, where does the alert show up?
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3217179

When triggered, the enabled alert should be visible in the Quicken Mobile App, Quicken for the Web, and the Quicken file on the Mobile & Web tab.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @sherlock, I did take a look at that earlier, but the instructions don't seem to match the settings screen.  I must have missed it but I can't seem to find where these two options are.  Also, the documentation doesn't explain what @db7j was asking about - why the separate "Enable" and "Email" columns?

Changes you can make:

• Change the account summary notification schedule

Account summary notifications help you stay on top of your finances. Just choose how often (never, weekly, or monthly) you'd like to receive summary emails .

• Add a secondary email for alerts
      If you want to send your alerts to an additional email address, such as your spouse's, enter it here. Whenever an alert is sent, it will be sent to both email addresses.
This discussion has been closed.