Reports fail to show categorized transactions in Investment Accounts

Bolton
Bolton Member ✭✭
Transactions assigned a category in an investment register do not show up in the reports (Banking registers work fine). For example, cash withdrawn from an equity account (Misc. Exp.) to pay a witholding tax and assigned to the category "Witholding Tax" do not show in a Expense by Category report for the period although the transaction is done correctly. Prior to this year's update this transaction would have shown I believe. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing... you're absolutely certain that the Investment Account IS selected to "feed" information to the report?
    Second thing... when you say "report" what, exactly, are you referring to?  Is this a Spending report you're selecting from the Reports pull-down item at the top of the screen, a report that you're kicking off from one of Quicken's "dashboards", (e.g.,"Examine Your Spending" from the "See Where Your Money Goes"), or something you're seeing directly off one of the dashboards, (e.g., the "Expenses" dashboard)? 
    I have much more confidence in reports pulled directly from the Reports menu than reports kicked off from the dashboards.
  • Bolton
    Bolton Member ✭✭
    Tom- You nailed it!

Your point about the Investment Account being selected to 'Feed" the report was my downfall! Although I had selected all categories, upon checking I found the investment account in question was nor checked!

Thank you very much for your help! My apologies for not replying sooner but I was not able to sign in earlier due to a problem Quicken was having with the system.

Again thanks, you are indeed a SuperUser!!
    Bolton
This discussion has been closed.