Limited Access to Quicken??

Options
Jody L.
Jody L. Member ✭✭
I have been a quicken mac user forever and run a small business. I have not used Quicken to its fullest and am now focusing on cleaning up my categories and want to use all of the features. I am wanting to hire someone to help me with this, but from what I have read in this discussion there is no way to provide reduced access in Quicken to keep my personal data safe. Is that true? [Removed-Third-Party reference].

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Yes, that's correct. Quicken is designed as personal finance software, and is not built to support multiple users with access controls. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jody L.
    Jody L. Member ✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs. Thank you. I will migrate to QuickBOoks.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Jody L. Yes, Quickbooks is full-fledged accounting software which allows multiple users. Just be aware that it's more expensive and you'll have a bit of a learning curve. Also, when you say "migrate", I don't think you can convert Quicken Mac data to Quickbooks, unless the Quickbooks folks have developed that capability recently. Quickbooks has an import from Quicken Windows, but the ability to move from Quicken Mac to Quicken Windows is limited (no investment accounts). Best wishes!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could you copy your data file and delete the personal accounts and just have a separate business data file? 

QuickBooks can only convert Quicken for Windows files. If you are a Quicken for Mac user, you will need to convert to a Quicken for Windows file before converting to QuickBooks. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/convert-quicken-windows-data-quickbooks-data 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.