Quicken web to windows

Options
hartbandboosters
hartbandboosters Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Using Quicken on the Web
Hello I recently took over the treasurer spot on our HS band booster club. The previous person was not entering anything since 2020 (or may have done it on her mac at home but having issues getting her to corporate). I have the web log in but wondering if I can download that information into my personal software (start a new file, I currently use Deluxe at home and they have Starter) so make it more user friendly. I need to be able to run reports and add accounts and can't do that with the web version. I do have older data I don't want to lose and all the categories. Is there a way to do a backup to the web version and upload it to my software?

Please tell me I don't have to start over completely...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using Quicken for Windows or Quicken for Mac?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • hartbandboosters
    Options
    Right now the file is on the web and I have windows
  • hartbandboosters
    Options
    I would like to get the file from the web and put it on my desktop to use my software.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would like to get the file from the web and put it on my desktop to use my software.
    The only possible way to go from Quicken Web to Quicken Windows Desktop is to go into each account, export them as CSV file and convert that to a QIF file and then import that into Quicken Windows Desktop.  And most likely any transfers will cause quite a bit of problems.

For a program to convert from CSV to QIF you can use my program ImportQIF, which is free:
    https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • hartbandboosters
    Options
    Bummer I was afraid of that...I sure wish Quicken online was more friendly and allowed backups and all other features.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bummer I was afraid of that...I sure wish Quicken online was more friendly and allowed backups and all other features.
    Quicken Web/Mobile is only intended as a way to view some of the more critical Quicken data when the person is away from their Desktop.  It isn't really an "online Quicken".

For an online personal finances program you should look to their Simplifi product.  But not it has nothing to with Quicken.  Also, other than exporting CSV files there isn't any kind of backup, and that is typical of the online personal finances offers.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    hartbandboosters said: Hello I recently took over the treasurer spot on our HS band booster club.
    Bummer - you really need the Quicken QFX data file from the previous person...
    The Quicken On The Web feature is merely a snapshot of certain data - and is NOT a backup or a complete data resource -
    BUT - there is a "bug/feature" where Quicken data could be only entered on the web, but it was never connected to the desktop software.... this was probably not your situation - just wanted to mention it.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.