Quicken Home Business and Rental Property - R41.10 - 27.1.41.10 Windows 11 Home

skb2022
skb2022 Member
Credit Card Balance Problem:
Downloaded Credit card payment transactions are actually increasing the credit card balance not reducing it even though they have been entered correctly. (I've been using Quicken for at least 10 years). I cannot reconcile my credit card balances because of this problem and I'd appreciate your help to fix it. Thank you! Sandra
06/26/22 - 12:33 pm

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    skb2022 said:
    Credit Card Balance Problem:
    Downloaded Credit card payment transactions are actually increasing the credit card balance not reducing it even though they have been entered correctly. (I've been using Quicken for at least 10 years). I cannot reconcile my credit card balances because of this problem and I'd appreciate your help to fix it. Thank you! Sandra
    06/26/22 - 12:33 pm
    Hello @skb2022,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with downloading credit card transactions and this frustration it may have caused. Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue.

I do have some questions about what is happening before I can offer additional troubleshooting advice. First, is this happening across multiple accounts, and does it seem to be occurring in accounts with more than one financial institution? If so, which ones? Note that it's possible that the credit transactions are occasionally treated as credit owed by certain institutions when the transaction is downloaded, and may thus add to a balance that is treated as a kind of debt.

I look forward to your response, and hope to help you further with this problem, if necessary.  

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name of financial institution?  There seem to have been quite a few post about Truist credit cards exhibiting this behavior.
    Just to cover the obvious, this isn't a situation where a refund or double payment on the card turned the balance from a "you owe" situation to a "you're owed" situation?  If the balance is negative and in red then you owe, if the balance is positive and black then you're owed.  In this situation a payment will increase the balance shown.
  • skb2022
    skb2022 Member
    Hi Jared, USAA is my only bank. The checking, cash and other asset balances are calculating correctly and only the two credit card accounts have the problem. A charge decreases the balance and payment increases the balance due. Strange Quicken has never had this problem before. I'll call USAA tomorrow to see if any of their other customers are experiencing similar problems.
  • skb2022
    skb2022 Member
    PS: Thanks and no the bank name is not Truist but I will check the negative balance situation.
This discussion has been closed.