Ongoing - Error downloading Citicard

Options
This has been going on for at least 2 weeks. I cannot download any transactions from Citicard. I deleted the ability to download transactions because of this and cannot reactivate. What is going on? Causing me all sorts of problems.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @dstyber

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your CitiCard. 

Before I can further assist you, I do require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by navigating to Help > About Quicken. Are you receiving any sort of error code or messages when attempting to run a One Step Update or an individual account update? 

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We've had no issues importing our transactions using the Direct Connect connection method with Citi Cards.

If you're not using the Direct Connect connection method with your Citi Cards account registers, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all account registers available with Citi Cards and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all the account registers available with Citi Cards and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details window available at Citi Cards, select Tools > Add Account..., search for Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link the account to the appropriate existing registers.

You may need allow Quicken access to your Citi account at https://citi.com/datamanagement 

Note: When we change the connection method, the initial import may present duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

• SpongeHead
    SpongeHead Member
    Options
    I used Sherlock's solution successfully with one change: Quicken can use passwords only up to 16 characters (at least for banks). I use a password manager and had my Citi password to 20+ characters. After establishing a new password Sherlock's solution took.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I used Sherlock's solution successfully with one change: Quicken can use passwords only up to 16 characters (at least for banks). I use a password manager and had my Citi password to 20+ characters. After establishing a new password Sherlock's solution took.
    Quicken supports the OFX standard password length limit of 32 characters.  Some financial institution's may limit the password length Quicken may use to less than 32 characters.  Note: Our functioning Citi Cards password happens to have 26 characters.
This discussion has been closed.