Credit Card Balances Are Backwards

Options
Gblunt99
Gblunt99 Member
I downloaded 3 credit card accounts today. One opened in Quicken completely correct. But the other shows the running balance as positive (black), instead of negative. It is the correct number, but it should be negative, not positive. I'm putting this here because I'm using Quicken for Mac. I notice dozens of similar complaints under Quicken for Windows.
Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken Mac certainly handles credit card accounts correctly, so the description you describe is specific to the financial institution, which you didn't name. It's likely the problem is on their end, but it could be a problem with Intuit, the company which handles connectivity for Quicken. Is every transaction backwards (e.g. a credit card charge is a positive amount rather than negative)? 

You also didn't mention how you imported the transactions. Did you connect the account via Quicken Connect? Or did you download a QFX file from your credit card company website and import it into Quicken? If you share more details, we may be able to offer more fine-tuned advice on how to proceed. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.