Citibank Credit Card Payments not updated in Quicken download

ElsieS
ElsieS Quicken Windows Subscription Member
Renewed my Quicken for Windows (starter edition) and now my Citibank credit card download does not include payments of any kind (i.e., bill payments, refunds, etc). Everything was correct in May 2022 but all missing in June 2022 after renewal update.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven’t already, you may want to verify the register is sorted appropriately and there aren’t any unexpected filters being applied:  open the register, select the Date column header (you want the small triangle to right of Date to point up) and Reset (if available).

If the issue persists, we've had no issues importing our transactions using the Direct Connect connection method with Citi Cards.

If you're not using the Direct Connect connection method with your Citi Cards account registers, I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all account registers available with Citi Cards and clear the name of the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details window.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all the account registers available with Citi Cards and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab of the Account Details window available at Citi Cards, select Tools > Add Account..., search for Citi Cards, select Advanced Options, and choose Direct Connect.  After you authenticate, Quicken should provide a list of the available accounts and allow you to link the account to the appropriate existing registers.

You may need allow Quicken access to your Citi account at https://citi.com/datamanagement 

Note: When we change the connection method, the initial import may present duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

• ElsieS
    I have no idea what you are talking about, nor any idea how to take the steps you recommend. Everything was normal in May. I updated as directed by Quicken after renewal. Does the renewal now change connections, filters & registers?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    ElsieS said:
    I have no idea what you are talking about, nor any idea how to take the steps you recommend. Everything was normal in May. I updated as directed by Quicken after renewal. Does the renewal now change connections, filters & registers?
    No.  It just a coincidence.  Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

ONGOING 6/28/22 Citi Bank & Citi Cards CC-592 & FDP-192

ONGOING 6/27/22 Citibank Citi Cards CC-502/FDP-102
  • ElsieS
    Thanks. I investigated with your help & my bank is still direct connect but my CC was switched to expressconnect with the update. Quicken’s written blurb about how great (!!!??) this is also attempts to seriously discourage a customer switching back! Don’t know why Quicken wants this connection, especially as you note the lack of stability! (But your password is safe - SUUURREE) so I remain suspicious. If it screws up this month, I will switch back to direct connect - hoping I don't destroy everything!
This discussion has been closed.