Reconciling transfers between accounts

milena d
milena d Quicken Windows Subscription Member
I am using quicken premier and am reconciling accounts. I transfer money from one account to another. Sometimes (not always) when i have reconciled the month for account B, those transfers now don't pick up in the reconcile for the same month in account a. How do i reconcile the transaction on both accounts when i can't even chose the transfer in the reconcile pop up?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Are you sure that the transaction in the second account is not in a reconciled "R" state to start with?
    Could there be a memorized transaction for the second transaction that is already "R"?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In case you have issues with transfer transactions not being generated correctly:

For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date. Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the transaction download process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the process should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts

This discussion has been closed.