Accounts Not Updating [Edited]

Options
Tired of Issues
Tired of Issues Member ✭✭
Why can't quicken stay at a stable version where all banks download and update correctly? I now have two banks with several accounts that will not update. [Removed - Rant]

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Why can't quicken stay at a stable version where all banks download and update correctly?
    Because financial institutions are an ever-changing moving target. Quicken doesn't usually break connectivity with banks, banks break connectivity with Quicken. It would be great if there were robust standards for this aspect of electronic banking, but there aren't. So Quicken (actually its connectivity provider, Intuit) are constantly chasing banks to catch up with their changes. I agree that it stinks, but you can't really blame it on upgrades in Quicken; they're separate issues (most of the time).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why can't quicken stay at a stable version where all banks download and update correctly? I now have two banks with several accounts that will not update. [Removed - Rant]
    Have you searched the Community for recent discussions and alerts specific to the banks you're having issues with?
    Your problem might be one that's already being worked on.
    If it's a new problem, your problem report here in the Community might get the ball rolling towards a fix. Provide as much detail as you can: bank name, error messages or error codes, etc.

• Tired of Issues
    Options
    I have searched and the common thread is "There is an alert and we are working on it".
  • Tired of Issues
    Options
    > @jacobs said:
    > Because financial institutions are an ever-changing moving target. Quicken doesn't usually break connectivity with banks, banks break connectivity with Quicken. It would be great if there were robust standards for this aspect of electronic banking, but there aren't. So Quicken (actually its connectivity provider, Intuit) are constantly chasing banks to catch up with their changes. I agree that it stinks, but you can't really blame it on upgrades in Quicken; they're separate issues (most of the time).

It seems as though the issues only occur AFTER a Quicken update. For example, this last update, several items stopped updating. I restarted Quicken and afterwards, all of my accounts, even the ones that are manual, lost their names. This is incredibly poor coding and even worse testing...that's not a banking issue.
  • Tired of Issues
    Options
    Also, after performing a restore, I have to reconnect each and every account to each institution...again, not a banking issue here.
This discussion has been closed.