How to eliminate 2FA for Bank of America - All other states?

Options
Kroth
Kroth Member ✭✭
I have to perform a 2FA for my Bank of America checking/savings account (not CC) everytime i download transactions. In my security center on Bank of America's website, I DO NOT have 2FA enabled so I can't disable it. Additionally, I don't see the option on Quicken to set up direct connect. Any help?

Best Answer

• Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac and all others - i have figured out the issue.

In my security center, I had to confirm my contact information. When I was confirming my phone number, I saw there was a red message that says "your number is invalid. Please enter a valid number" even tho it was valid. Once I updated/confirmed my number, I haven't been prompted to 2FA since. Problem solved

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Regarding Direct Connect with BofA:  BofA no longer supports DC for those account holders who did not previously have it.  Those who previously had it (from several years ago) were grandfathered in but no new account holder may be set up with DC.
    Regarding 2FA:  I know of no way to stop the 2FA prompts from BofA (or any other Financial Institution) for that matter).  The 2FA requirement is something the Financial Institution places upon Quicken to prompt the user to complete.  This is not a uniquely BofA requirement.  I get prompted for 2FA just about every time with my Kohl's credit card.  I used to get prompted every time with my credit union but after a system upgrade there the 2FA's suddenly stopped.  The only suggestions I have that might help but might not help:
    • Make sure 2FA is not enabled (which you said is not).
    • Make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser settings for BofA and that cookies for BofA are not deleted when the browser is closed.
    • Make sure Quicken has full firewall access to the Internet.
    • Turn off VPN if that is turned on (especially if the VPN is set to generate random IPs).
    If all else fails you might want to consider contacting BofA to see if there is anything they can do from their end to stop the 2FA's with Quicken.  Maybe there is something you or they need to do to register your account for Quicken or some other switch they can throw.

If you find something that does work at eliminating this 2FA requirement, please be sure to post it here so it can be helpful to others.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac and all others - i have figured out the issue.

In my security center, I had to confirm my contact information. When I was confirming my phone number, I saw there was a red message that says "your number is invalid. Please enter a valid number" even tho it was valid. Once I updated/confirmed my number, I haven't been prompted to 2FA since. Problem solved
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That is an "interesting" fix.  I'm glad it worked for you and hopefully it will also work for others.  Thanks for posting it here.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac I may have spoke too soon - now i am getting the same 2FA but its emailing me instead of texting me...
This discussion has been closed.