Errors with Categories and Subcategories

j48230
j48230 Quicken Mac Subscription Member
I'm using Quicken for Mac and generally keep the software updated. I've have a funny issue that has returned over the past few weeks. When I open Quicken, I give it time to download new transactions. After waiting and making sure the downloads are complete, I'll assign categories/subcategories to any new transactions.

What's happening now is that when I open Quicken the following day, many of those edits I've made to categories are overwritten, and those transactions show as uncategorized.

This is infuritating, because who wants to do the same menial task twice?

Mac OS 12.4
Quicken Version 6.8.1 (Build 608.44845.100)

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Are you using Quicken Mobile (the app or web interface), or do you have it enabled? It sounds like data is downloading to your Quicken Cloud account, and is overwriting the edits you make in your desktop program. 

If you're not using it the app or web interface, then go to your Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts and turn Sync OFF. Then go to Preferences > Connected Services and Reset your Cloud account.

If you are using the app or web interface, then after making your edits, be certain to do Accounts > Sync to Mobile before you quit Quicken. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.