Screen freezes when I try to Activate Downloads for my Schwab accounts

Options
mhumble
mhumble Member
edited August 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I am using a recently downloaded version of Quicken Premiere on Windows 10 after converting from Mac (don't ask me why). I got my bank accounts to download, but when I click on "Activate download" in the accounts list screen, the Quicken window greys and nothing happens. At that point, the only thing I can do is use Task Manager to kill the program. Nothing else that I am doing at the time is affected. I'm guessing that there is some dialog box that is hidden and the program is waiting for input, but I cannot see any dialog box, and I cannot reposition any of the child windows.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @mhumble

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with Quicken Freezing when trying to download transactions from your Schwab accounts. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.