Can't collapse categories in Dashboard budget

Options
jtgostars
jtgostars Member ✭✭
Wasn't there a feature at one time that allowed the collapsing of sub categories into a primary category in the Dashboard version of the budget like there still is in the Budget Detail/Planning view?

Or was I just imagining that? If so it would be a nice feature to have. Screen shots attached

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are still able to collapse the categories on the Budget item on a Home view.  I suspect you neglected to check the parent category for inclusion: select the item's gear icon and Select budget items to watch...
  • jtgostars
    jtgostars Member ✭✭
    Options
    I would have if the parent category was available in the list of Budget items to watch but they're not shown only the sub categories are shown

See attached screen shot
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jtgostars said:
    I would have if the parent category was available in the list of Budget items to watch but they're not shown only the sub categories are shown

See attached screen shot
    That should indicate you haven't checked the parent category for inclusion in the budget you're viewing in the Budget item: select Go to full budget on the Budget item on a Home view and Manage Budget Categories

If the parent category is selected in the full budget and is not available for inclusion in the Budget item, I suggest removing the Budget item from the Home view and then adding the Budget item back: select the gear icon at the top of the Home view and Customize view
  • jtgostars
    jtgostars Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well this is certainly frustrating. It appears that in order to get the parent categories to show up on the dashboard budget report I have to have the parent categories selected in the full budget.

The problem with selecting the parent categories in the full budget is it triggers the "Everything Else" category for each of those "Parent" categories in both the full budget and the dashboard budget even though they have no budget or actual values. See attached screen shots

My understanding is the only way to remove the "Everything Else" sub-category is to exclude the "Parent" category from the Planning Full Budget
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would sure be nice if the two views were totally independent of each other.
    • Planning tab / Budgets view to be used as the "master budget"
    • Home tab / Classic view page with "Budgets" selected, for an independent, specialized view.
      Optionally allow more than one Budgets view, individually customized to the customer's needs (optionally with independent view titles)
  • jtgostars
    jtgostars Member ✭✭
    Options
    That would seem obvious to me as well, unfortunately Quicken Product Managers don't have a good history when it comes to obvious information/content usability architecture. Just another reason in a long least of usability, functionality and defects that make Quicken an average or below average product at best. And that being said, unfortunately for us, given they do not really have any competition in the client/server type platform space. Personal Capital/Mint are getting close as wep apps but still lack some of the very basic features offered in a single solution like Quicken
This discussion has been closed.