Tax Planner Uses Wrong 2021 Data

Options
CMRater
CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
The Quicken Tax Planner is erroneously only offering to use quicken data from my 2021 IRA distributions instead of scheduled transactions from 2022.  Everything is set for 2022, so that is not the problem.  This forces me to use "user entered" when I shouldn't have to.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Quicken User Since - 1991

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How did you specify the scheduled transactions for 2022?  For the Tax Planner to offer 2022, we either need to have entered at least one 2022 transaction or have a scheduled transaction for 2022 associated with an appropriate tax line assigned.  
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for responding Sherlock.
    I have 2022 scheduled distribution in October from an IRA.  Did this many times in 2021 and it worked fine.  Only difference is that I am using another financial institution.  The transaction recognizes it as a 1099-R IRA Gross Distribution but it does not appear in the Tax Planner scheduled transactions.
    Happy 4th!
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Change the Tax Line Item to 1099-R:Total IRA taxable distrib. and Tax Planner will use it. Tax Planner does not use the "gross" distrib.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CMRater said:
    Thanks for responding Sherlock.
    I have 2022 scheduled distribution in October from an IRA.  Did this many times in 2021 and it worked fine.  Only difference is that I am using another financial institution.  The transaction recognizes it as a 1099-R IRA Gross Distribution but it does not appear in the Tax Planner scheduled transactions.
    Happy 4th!
    Clicking on either location should display the the appropriate tax-line being used by the Tax Planner:

• CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you that Rocket.  Because it is an IRA, Quicken seems to default to 1099-R Total IRA gross distrib.
    That how my previous IRA tax line is coded as well and quicken used it just fine.
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rocket, I was able to find how to change the tax line to "...Taxable distrib."  Had to go to Online Display Tab for some reason.  Your suggestion worked!  The scheduled transactions includes some other misc tax flow between IRA accounts but only adds the taxable outflow to a bank account.

Wonder why the gross distribution tax line worked last year?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CMRater said:
    Wonder why the gross distribution tax line worked last year?
    I can't imagine. As far as I know, it has never worked. It is unfortunate that Quicken defaults IRAs to the wrong tax line item.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks.
    The other mystery is why they hide the tax line in the "On Line" tab.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    CMRater said:
    Thanks.
    The other mystery is why they hide the tax line in the "On Line" tab.
    The Tax Schedule button should be available at the bottom of the Account Details window independent of the tab selected:

This discussion has been closed.