Credits showing up as debits in my bank account

Options
drh29
drh29 Member ✭✭
My credits are being logged as debits in my checking acct after I changed my ID & password

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have no idea why changing your login information would change anything with downloads.  I see that Trailwest uses Express Web Connect (EWC) as the downloading process.  EWC requires that Quicken (the company) write a special script (program) for each financial institution (FI).  The FI tells Quicken where to find the needed information off their web site and the script is written accordingly.
    The problem might have originated on Trailwest's side (e.g., they made some change at their site but didn't tell Quicken) or on Quicken's side, (e.g., they wrote the script wrong), but if transactions are settling into the wrong columns in the register then Quicken is going to have to fix it.  I'd advise contacting official Quicken support directly. 
    I see that Trailwest also says the support the Web Connect method of downloading.  In that method you go to Trailwest's web site and download a Web Connect file for import into Quicken.  That might work here.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Options
    Since non-accountants generally use the terms debits and credits improperly, you are saying that downloaded outflows of cash are being recorded in the Deposits column and inflows are being recorded in the Payment column?
    What bank is involved and how are transactions being downloaded into the Account?
  • drh29
    drh29 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My retirement check when paid to me is a credit to my checking acct. It is being logged as a debit. This began to happen after I changed my user id and password both with Quicken and the bank. Trailwest Bank and downloaded through Quicken via "update".
  • Tom Young
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have no idea why changing your login information would change anything with downloads.  I see that Trailwest uses Express Web Connect (EWC) as the downloading process.  EWC requires that Quicken (the company) write a special script (program) for each financial institution (FI).  The FI tells Quicken where to find the needed information off their web site and the script is written accordingly.
    The problem might have originated on Trailwest's side (e.g., they made some change at their site but didn't tell Quicken) or on Quicken's side, (e.g., they wrote the script wrong), but if transactions are settling into the wrong columns in the register then Quicken is going to have to fix it.  I'd advise contacting official Quicken support directly. 
    I see that Trailwest also says the support the Web Connect method of downloading.  In that method you go to Trailwest's web site and download a Web Connect file for import into Quicken.  That might work here.
  • drh29
    drh29 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you! I will contact Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.