No Update Cash Balance or Share Balance in investment accounts now

Options
Jeff26@
Jeff26@ Member ✭✭
edited August 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I used to be able to do this - for many years. Some are linked to online accounts, at least one is not. I can still update adjust balances for Savings/Cash/Credit Card/Property/etc but not Brokerage or Retirement accounts.

Mac Quicken Premier, Version 6.8.1 (Build 608.44845.100)

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @Jeff26@ There's no global problem with account updates, so you'll have to get specific about which financial institution(s) you're having problems with.

In the personal finance game of whack-a-mole, at any given moment, there are always some financial institutions not working because of changes they've made in their servers and Intuit hasn't yet caught up to reprogram to restore connectivity. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jeff26@
    Jeff26@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Let me clarify. This has nothing to do with online account updates for any particular financial institution. This is the ability to manually update these balances, which has existed forever but seemed to have gotten lost in the last Quicken update, since I believe I was able to do this in early June.

In the upper right corner when you select an account, where the balance is displayed, there should be an arrow next to "Today's Balance" or whatever title is above the balance, that you can pull down and select Adjust Account Balance..., or Update Share Balance if that applies. Right now, that is not possible with brokerage or retirement accounts, but it still exists for cash accounts and asset (Property) or debt.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeff26@ said:
    Let me clarify. This has nothing to do with online account updates for any particular financial institution. This is the ability to manually update these balances, which has existed forever but seemed to have gotten lost in the last Quicken update, since I believe I was able to do this in early June.
    The ability to manually update balances is still in Quicken for Mac v6.8.2

In Quicken's menu, select Accounts > Adjust Account Balance...
    Jeff26@ said:
    In the upper right corner when you select an account, where the balance is displayed, there should be an arrow next to "Today's Balance" or whatever title is above the balance, that you can pull down and select Adjust Account Balance..., or Update Share Balance if that applies. Right now, that is not possible with brokerage or retirement accounts, but it still exists for cash accounts and asset (Property) or debt.
    It is only Banking type accounts that has ever had the pop-up menu above the Balance that lets you select one of three Balances to be displayed. Since Adjust Account Balance... is tacked on to this menu, that shortcut also has only been available for Banking type accounts.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • Jeff26@
    Jeff26@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just checked on my PC and Quicken Premier for Windows (a few revs behind as I don't use it now) R38.29. The gear icon exists on my brokerage accounts, and clicking it includes Update cash balance... and Update share balance...
  • Jeff26@
    Jeff26@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    And after updating to R42.8, this is still available.
This discussion has been closed.