Reconciled transactions show in Manually Match Transactions window

Options
EG63890
EG63890 Member ✭✭
When I attempt to manually match a downloaded transaction the popup lists many existing register transactions that have already been reconciled. How can I prevent this and get a more appropriate list when manually matching?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The manual match transaction window doesn't go by the "Clr" field.  What it goes by is if a manually entered transaction has been matched to a downloaded one, that one is taken off of the list.

This is one reason to properly match not delete downloaded transactions.

From my testing I believe they now have a data threshold of 30 days for that list, so that transactions older than that will drop off the list (it used to be possible to match to transactions that were years old).  So, one way to "clean up" the list is to just do the right kind of flow of matching for about 30 days.

There is also an obscure manual way to get one off of the list (which is a pain to do because of all the keys you have to hit.

Go to the register.
    Hold down Ctrl+Shift and right click on the transaction that is in that list that you want to remove.
    Select Copy Transaction(s)
    Select the Downloaded Transaction checkbox, and put in a Posting Date, and select OK.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • dhoofard
    dhoofard Member
    Options
    Where is the "Downloaded Transaction checkbox"?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dhoofard said:
    Where is the "Downloaded Transaction checkbox"?
    Yes, but like I said it is "hidden" and needs the special key sequence and menu selection to see it.

Signature:
  • EG63890
    EG63890 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @Chris_QPW, I followed the steps to make sure that the Downloaded Transaction checkbox as indeed checked with a date entered. Unfortunately, I still have transactions showing up under match manually going back to August 2021 even after doing this for all reconciled transactions. I'm current with my subscription.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, I know at one point that this hidden workaround wasn't working.  Maybe it isn't working now.

Given the nature of how hard it is just to do one of them, let alone a lot I never really considered it a very good idea.  They really need to make that list editable, and there is a suggestion somewhere to that effect, but they haven't implemented it yet.

The best you can do then is just make sure that you do your future transactions correctly and the old ones should fall off the list in about 30 days.
    Signature:
  • EG63890
    EG63890 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank again @Chris_QPW, at least it's only 20 or so, I agree that the list should be editable in some form.
This discussion has been closed.