transactions disappear

Options
llearst
llearst Member ✭✭
Quicken 2022 on a Windows laptop. File is saved on hard drive, and is backed up to the cloud several times a week. Reconciled transactions go missing frequently - at least 1x weekly. Any idea what's causing this? It's only detected when reconciling the account and there's an imbalance that equals the amount of the prevously reconciled transaction(s).

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using Sync to Mobile/Web?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • llearst
    llearst Member ✭✭
    Options
    Web. I do not use Mobile.
  • llearst
    llearst Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well - let me re-answer, as I'd not even heard of mobile/web until you mentioned it. I download from my bank; I save to my hard drive and backup to the cloud.

Not sure how mobile/web would figure into that.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wasn't talking about downloading transactions, I was talking about this preference:

This "syncing" has been implicated in some people's problems with transactions going missing/changed, and that is why I asked.

This "sync" is between the Quicken data file and the Quicken Cloud dataset.  The Quicken Cloud dataset is where Quicken Web and Quicken Mobile look for/store their data (They are the "GUIs" for it).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    llearst said:
    Well - let me re-answer, as I'd not even heard of mobile/web until you mentioned it. I download from my bank; I save to my hard drive and backup to the cloud.

Not sure how mobile/web would figure into that.
    How are performing the backup to the cloud ?
  • llearst
    llearst Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > I wasn't talking about downloading transactions, I was talking about this preference:
    >
    >
    >
    > This "syncing" has been implicated in some people's problems with transactions going missing/changed, and that is why I asked.
    >
    > This "sync" is between the Quicken data file and the Quicken Cloud dataset.  The Quicken Cloud dataset is where Quicken Web and Quicken Mobile look for/store their data (They are the "GUIs" for it).

Okay - I can try turning that off. It's not a setting I've ever altered, so it's been defaulted to "on".
  • llearst
    llearst Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > How are performing the backup to the cloud ?

It backs up to Dropbox
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    llearst said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > How are performing the backup to the cloud ?

It backs up to Dropbox
    If you aren't already, I suggest you access the Quicken file in a folder on an internal drive and not allow other programs to access the Quicken file at the same time (for example, Dropbox).
This discussion has been closed.